Who we are?
We are 200 professionals integrated into a large environmental group
with high technical skills and innovative mindset.
Our driving force is reducing the environmental impact associated with industrial and
economic activities needed for the development of our society.
Integrated innovative and efficient solutions developed with a quantitative approach.
What we offer?
Our business is constantly growing and developing, opening up opportunities to join our
– An exciting and innovative project.
– Good salary conditions.
– Continuous training.
What we need?
We are looking to appoint a Junior Consultant to work as a Numerical Modeller in our
Barcelona office. You will be joining a multicultural group of experts and modellers working
in the characterisation of flow and transport processes in porous and fractured media. You
will be working in a broad range of projects related to numerical modelling in the context of
environmental applications. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow
professionally through collaboration with highly specialised colleagues.
The main activities of the successful candidate will be:
– Help develop, validate and deploy numerical models of flow and transport in porous
media and sparsely fractured rocks applied to nuclear waste storage, mining, water
resources, oil and gas and energy.
– Pre-process, visualise and post-process complex spatial and temporal data sets.
– Give support for modelling interpretation.
– Customise numerical codes.
– Programming new scripts and modifying existing codes.
– Summarise the work in technical reports.
We offer a full position, 40h per week, with a competitive salary according to the merits of
– You have a MSc in Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physics, Applied
Mathematics or similar. Background in Hydrogeology or geosciences is a plus.
– You have good skills in programming with Python and C++. Other programming
languages, such as FORTRAN and MATLAB, and numerical simulation codes such as
COMSOL, PHREEQC and PFLOTRAN are a plus. Experience in supercomputing is also
– You have experience with numerical modelling. Experience with modelling applied to
flow and transport phenomena (e.g. CFD modelling, hydrogeological modelling, etc.) is
– You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– You are fluent in English.
How to apply?
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org,
email@example.com and Cc to Lidia.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate
in the subject of the email the position and reference (JC007) that you are interested in.