Who we are
Amphos 21 is a scientific and strategic environmental consulting company with more than 25 years of experience delivering projects worldwide. We are more than 300 highly skilled professionals with an innovative mindset, integrated into the RSK Group, a global leader in the delivery of sustainable solutions.
Our mission is to minimize the environmental impact of industrial and economic activities necessary for the advancement of society.
Our approach is to propose innovative, efficient, integrated and transversal solutions by applying a quantitative approach to any solution.
What we offer
Are you passionate for geomechanics, multiphysics and numerical modelling? Do you like to dig into engineering problems and propose innovative and quantitative solutions together with a multidisciplinary team? If that is your case, we have an exciting opportunity for you in our team of multiphysics modelling at our office in Barcelona, Spain. We are seeking a geomechanical and multiphysics modeller to join a growing multicultural and multidisciplinary highly skilled team.
We offer a vibrant and stimulating workplace environment with hybrid office and teleworking conditions and:
- 40h per week.
- An exciting and innovative project.
- Competitive salary according to the merits of the candidate.
- Continuous training.
- A professional development plan with career opportunities within the group.
What you’ll be doing
- Completing geotechnical/geomechanical and/or multiphysics projects through desk studies to the production of interpretative reports.
- Conceptualise geomechanical and engineering problems and implement numerical models to quantify short- and long-term performance of engineered systems.
- Effectively communicate the results of projects with clients (both external and within the wider RSK group) and colleagues to build strong working relationships with the aim of meeting and exceeding client expectations.
- Managing the technical aspects of projects to meet both commercial and technical requirements and working with the project team and project lead to deliver innovative solutions.
- Support business development and sporadically preparation of tenders
What we’re looking for:
- A degree and MSc in Civil Engineering, Engineering Geology, Physics, or related are essential.
- A PhD in Multiphysics, Solid and Fracture Mechanics, or Geomechanics is desirable but not essential.
- Expert knowledge in modelling with commercial or open source Finite Element codes, e.g. Comsol Multiphysics, Abaqus, Plaxis, or similar.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including report writing. Spanish and/or French will be highly valued.
- Demonstrable experience in the production of high quality reports and scientific publications.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Goo knowledge of programming languages, such as Python or C++ will be highly valued.
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and motivation to email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject of the email the position and reference (GMD-SES) that you are interested in.